A Distraught Scirocco Owner....

I gotta vent this one out.  So bare with me...

So, there I was, all anxious to pick up my 81 Scirocco from the shop in
hopes that I would be able to drive it.  I haven't driven the beast for
nearly a month or so.  Evidently, I was terribly excited to get behind the
wheel and take on the road so often travelled.  At the shop, the owner
informs me that a new gas tank was installed but he did not replace the
shocks which were under warrantee.  Instead he notes that he had installed
the wrong Neuspeed lowering springs.  He says that the ones installed were
good for the earlier rabbits and not the Mki roccos.  The reason being that
the scirocco's were heavier and thus, the springs were susceptible to sag.
Fine, the new springs will be in within 2 weeks.  BTW, he mentions the car
won't start.

After a boost or two, I get my rocco cranked and ready to hit the road.
However, as the rocco attempts to warm up, it revs up and then drops and
shuts off.  I'm frustrated and confused.  Until the car is warmed up, it
continues to shut off.  It appears as though the car doesn't want to stay
on.  I ask myself  "Could it be the cold-start valve, the fuel filter or the
fuel pump?"  I have no clue, although I'm leaning towards the cold-start
valve.  Fine I could get that fixed I just wanna drive the rocco.

Off to the streets I go, but I notice that after about 3500rpms, the engine
seems to rev but the car remains stable.  Basically, you can hear the engine
revving but the car isn't pulling whatsoever.  Now, I'm pissed.  The poor
little rocco persists in not pulling at higher rpms and neither does it want
to start.  I'm utterly frustrated and confused.  What should I do?

Let me add to my list of minute worries. My temp gauge no longer works and
neither does the gas gauge.  Now I'm totally pissed off.  I'm considering
rewiring the entire rocco.  Can this be done?  Could I do this task on my
own with relative ease.  I would like to put a new engine, possibly a 2.0,
but I don't know how many of these ills will be cured.

For now I'm saying a little prayer for my rocco.  I want to see it happy
again.  Actually I want to feel happy as well.  I think I'm gonna tell
little miss rocco to find herself a job so that she can pay for her own
expenses.  Whatcha think?

Thanks for hearing me out.  Me and my rocco haven't really had a good
summer.  I have a feeling that she wants to break up with me like my last
rocco did.  How can I stay with her?  She means a lot to me and I need her.
I want to experience that loving feeling again and rekindle what we had
going good before.  Presently, I'll just work at her little at a time, but I
don't know how much more I can take.  Sorry for rambling.......

Sal

-It's only wrong if you get caught.   -JMK

-We are all prostitutes.   -Me