Re: 16v stock oil cooler?

> Does the 16v come with an sandwich oil cooler? I just looked
> and I dunno if this is one but right above the oil filter is this 3"
> high metal box..that has a hose out the passenger side up to the
> upper radiator hose. and on the top of that is a funnel thingy with
> the oil temp sender?

 Thats an oil-water oil cooler. Supposedly they work pretty good, and are
better than the oil-air coolers during warmup, but I'm fairly certain that a
thermostatted oil-air cooler would be cooler, though I've never had one.
16Vs have it, as do many of the later 8Vs, it may be all of the JH engines
ones, I'm not really sure. I know my 85 8V came with one stock. And for the
person asking about hoses, did the $200 dollar one also connect to the oil
cooler? I bought a complete set a few years ago, and ran into this problem. I
 vaguely recall getting it from Techtonics for much less, or try Mike Potter, I
bet he can get one for you reasonably.

> I also just finished polishing the outside of my intake manifold,
> left it bolted to the car this time...the runnrs look real nice and shiney!
> too bad the rest of the bay is filthy.

Cool. If I send you mine, will you polish it too:)

Brad