"A. Bjorkheim" <andreb@u.washington.edu>: G60 MK-I

>Andre' said " Are you talking abou the Alcan Scirocco?  If so, I have
seen it in
>person.  The guy who *OWNED* it was Jay Sweetman.  He sold that one a
>few years back and bought a Miata, UGH! "

Yeah! that's the one! It was the same color as my '81 . . . Man, I would
have NEVER sold that!!!
 . . . Mark
Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975
From: "A. Bjorkheim" <andreb@u.washington.edu>
To: "Mark A. Peele" <mark.peele@juno.com>
Cc: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: G60 MK-I
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:55:10 -0700 (PDT)

> Speaking of G60's in Sciroccos - anybody see that G60 equiped '81 S in
> VWP/EC bout  5 years ago? 190 hp!!!!!

   Are you talking abou the Alcan Scirocco?  If so, I have seen it in
person.  The guy who *OWNED* it was Jay Sweetman.  He sold that one a
few years back and bought a Miata, UGH!  The closest I got to the car
was helping him apply some sponsor stickers just before the race.  Just
a few years back he also did a G60 conversion in a MK-II rocco.  Not sure
if he still has that one or not.

  Andre'