Power windows (was:Re: Parts needed)

> I put my switches in the center console ala Audi Coupe.  In fact, that's
> what I got the wiring harness out of.  I had the Coupe power units in it
> as well until one of then burned out, then I switched to Jetta units
> which fit my door alot better.  It still took a little sawing and
> filling though.  Before I get flamed by people wondering why I just
> didn't get Scirocco units, let me say that Roccos are few and far
> between in parts yards in Texas.  You take what ever works.

i know how it is!!! I used a 3-gauge panel in my rocco out of an Audi
GT,and if the friggin oil pressure sender had'nt been located at the
bottom of the audi engine I woulda used that too...too few decent
sciroccos in Texas!

> Anyway, I CAREFULLY cut holes in the part of the central console just
> aft of the stick and the switcheds popped right in.  Easy.  And It's
> great having the switches in the middle where both driver and passenger
> can roll down both windows.

hrm nice..what about the Jetta panel? I used to own an '89  Jetta GL
and it had a real nice switchpanel inthe middle of the console..try
fitting that in where the ashtray is? or maybe mount it flat just in
front on the shifter..raised a little..i know theres an inch or so of
clearance beween where the casset holder (was) and the metal hump.

speaking of power windows...how hard is it to add power windows??

anyone done this?

Ryan