Re: Power windows (was:Re: Parts needed)

Perhaps you could try finding an old Scirocco in a Junkyard that has power
windows, and cannibalize the whole set of doors, then just worry about wiring
up to the fuse panel.  (bentley will help you there)

Chadwick

> > I put my switches in the center console ala Audi Coupe.  In fact, that's
> > what I got the wiring harness out of.  I had the Coupe power units in it
> > as well until one of then burned out, then I switched to Jetta units
> > which fit my door alot better.  It still took a little sawing and
> > filling though.  Before I get flamed by people wondering why I just
> > didn't get Scirocco units, let me say that Roccos are few and far
> > between in parts yards in Texas.  You take what ever works.
>
> i know how it is!!! I used a 3-gauge panel in my rocco out of an Audi
> GT,and if the friggin oil pressure sender had'nt been located at the
> bottom of the audi engine I woulda used that too...too few decent
> sciroccos in Texas!
>
> > Anyway, I CAREFULLY cut holes in the part of the central console just
> > aft of the stick and the switcheds popped right in.  Easy.  And It's
> > great having the switches in the middle where both driver and passenger
> > can roll down both windows.
>
> hrm nice..what about the Jetta panel? I used to own an '89  Jetta GL
> and it had a real nice switchpanel inthe middle of the console..try
> fitting that in where the ashtray is? or maybe mount it flat just in
> front on the shifter..raised a little..i know theres an inch or so of
> clearance beween where the casset holder (was) and the metal hump.
>
> speaking of power windows...how hard is it to add power windows??
>
> anyone done this?
>

> Ryan

Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
happy thing of the month: T-shirt /w "farfrompukin" logo
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"