Re: A shop I will never visit

Robert von Bismarck wrote:

> Nein !
>
> In German Volks = People, Wagen = car, and Waggon = train
> I think Volkswagon is the invention of one of those american idiots
> who
> don't know how to spell Volkswagen (sorry guys ;-)
>
> Robert

Just to be pissy because this thread has lasted for way to long about
trite material, I will give a small but annoying discourse on
linguistics:

The germanic aka englisch, deutsch, svenske, etc... (not spelled wrong
just in germanic languages) languages all have the same derivation,
history called them many things, but what they were was a buncgh of
tribes known as, get this, the germanic tribes.  From these tribes came
a group that conquered england (angland angle land eg land of the
fishers) leaving the picts and what not with a horrible sounding
language now know as english.  If you take a word and replace all v with
f's, k's with a ch many morer such substitutions, you will arrive at the
english word.  So as such volks, replace the v with an f and you get
folks aka people.  wagon is simple...a wagon was the early form of the
car, and many such wagons made a train or village (god damn tribes lets
slaughter them like goats said the romans)  Anyway my discourse is
starting to bore me  so have a lovely
--
dharma

85 scirocco 8v