Re: "Hunting?" - uneven idling?

coutinho.ka@pg.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      I know I've seen this posted before but I can't seem to find it in my
> archives.  Has anyone had a problem with their RPM jumping between 700 and 1K?
> It's really annoying and doesn't help much if you start off just when it's
> dropping to 700, it almost feel like it's mis-firing or something.
>
>       I was told it's dirty injectors, which in my case would mean replacing
> them.  Mine's an '86 8V and I heard the injectors can't be cleaned, they need to
> be replaced.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin.
> --
I just got through with replacing the seals (and plastic shrouds,etc.)
on my '88 16V.

While doing so, I checked the spray pattern of them and it weren't
pretty.

I found that the spray extension tube of a can of Berryman's B12 just
fit into the injector's throat, and had enough pressure (new can) to
spray through the nozzle. I got all four of them looking like they knew
how to spray gas right. Also "thumped" them throat side down (on a soft
rag) to clear out any larger particles of krudd.

Whatta difference!  I suggest Berryman's B12, cuz anything that toxic
just *has* to work. just have more-than-adequate ventilation with that
stuff, or you too will be spraying out gas!

Good luck!

Roccin' Ron (Don't Bogart that can, my friend, pass it over to me-eee)