Fwd: Rebirth of a great Project

Ryan wrote:

>>[snip]....but now I'm balking.
>>Why??

And then a Shawn Meze, green w/ envy wrote:
>  Because your name is CT?? (Sorry, couldn't refuse..)

Still jealous after all these years, you has-been nobody?  Grow up Shawn.

Ryan, I just want to praise you for your decision to 'just say no' to the
G-lader.  I had stage III on my Corrado ex-G60 and getting full 17psi of
boost.  It was not impressive.  If I had cash I would have done a turbo setup
like you are proposing, but I had none.  I managed to get a VR6 setup for
free (trading my G60 setup for it, the guy has a scirocco g60 now) so that's
the route I went when I bailed on the G60.  I'm going to take out a loan soon
and get EIP's VR6 turbo, but I think I'll be getting a good view of your
taillights if you decide to do this conversion to your car.  By the way, if
you are looking for more than 1.8L, I would not go *any* more than 2L w/ the
stock G60 block.  If you want to do 2.1 then get an A3 2L 8v block and
turbo-prep it when you bore it.  1.8 to 2.1 is too big of a jump.

In any case, I think you should steer clear of the G-lader altogether.  It
was so scary taking the revs over 6k to get the full boost when every time I
did it I had to cross my fingers and hope I didn't get a nice dent in my hood
(and one in my wallet) from a blown G-lader.

No, I'm not on the list either.  A lot of people forwared me meze's comment.

Chris Taylor
'90 Corrado SLC VR6 w/ OBD II and 9,100 miles on engine/drivetrain/suspension
'87 J GLi snowmobile (as Paul says)