Re: Oversteer

> Well, I told this story because for those of us that push the limits of
> our cars, and especially those of us that push the limits on the street
> sometimes need to be humbled with the knowledge that we are not
> indestructible. Sometimes we forget how fragile we really are and how
> quickly we can become nothing but a stain on the dash. Lets be carefull
> out there kids!

	Fu*kin' a, dude!  I am totally aware of my own mortality, and I think
that it offers a bit of a buzz to the whole street racing (and prolly
track experience, too).  Just last week a bunch of us were coming back
to the "meeting spot" from one of the race areas.  There were about 5
cars ahead of me, 20 behind, and me eating up all kinds of road trying
to be "leader of the pack".  Anyways, a buddy of mine in his stock 89
Civic cx with 300,000 km (180K miles) was ahead of me trying to sneak up
on a mutual acquaintence to bust his balls a little bit.  Anyways,
they're doing 140km/h (90 mph) in a 60 zone (35 mph), and I'm pulling
about 160km/h (100mph).  Just as my bud pulls out from the right to the
left lane to bug our mutual friend, I am on him.  I _cannot_ believe
that I didn't hit him.  I honestly think that I touched him gently.
Anyways, he saw me at the last second and swereved the HELL out of the
way.  I locked my rear brakes momentarily and watched the world pass by
me sideways.  When I finally corrected this situation (about 1 second,
although it felt like much longer) I slammed it into 3rd for a sec and
passed everybody.  I even bummed a smoke off this guy at the donut shop
to help calm me down.  I was so hyped that I was jumping around the lot
like a fu*king loon.

	Not to say that I am some kind of superhuman driver or anything like
that.  I know my limits (though I think I pushed them a fraction further
that night), and I am not too inclined to become that little red stain.

	My ¢2 worth.  Stay mental, but stay alive.

jason
the mad bastard