Burning oil part 2

Well, to get a better idea of what I am dealing with, I went
out an pulled the plugs.  Now to my surprise they were clean
as year old plugs should be :), so this leads me to believe
that the smoking has just started.  The odo. reads 106k
but it was broken for awhile, so I am guessing 140 to 150k
(not too bad actually).  Another thing is when I first
start it there is no smoke at all, then after it warms up
the smoke starts.  Would this point to the valve seal?.

Maybe I am going about this the wrong way, maybe its a
sign to move to bigger and better things (2.0). So
a few questions about that, how much would a 2.0 16v
short block run?  although if it is a valve seal
maybe I should look into a Techtonics head for the 1.8?
but what would be the sense of not putting new rings in
while I have the head off?  I am confused, either way
I think it would end up being a $1000 thing.

Etrik