Re: Oil Cooler in 1.7L Engine....

> >  I took my oil cooler to a local mechanic to get it installed and was
> >
> >told that it couldn't be installed on a Scirocco with 1.7L engine (at
> least
> >the oil cooler that I have) but only on a 1.8L engine.
> > So, in order to use it, I need a new engine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > '82 Scirocco, 1.7L,......
>

> OK, i'll go out on a limb and say, BULLSHIT!!!!!! (Id prefer to say
> bull-fu**ing-shit, butt hat wouldn't be nice. So I wont.)
> Again, refresh my memory as to what type of oil cooler you have again?
> (Please?)
>
> I don't know of anything that would keep you from installing it on your
> car. The difference from the 1.7L and 1.8L engines is internal!!! Nothing
> on the outside of the engine will keep them from installing the cooler,
> period! What a crock... What's this guys PH number, I wanna call him up
> and quiz the genius....

 The guy said that the main problem was the water line...which was supposedly
in the wrong place on a 1.7L engine.....or something along that line..

Also, according to the bentley, that's the oil cooler used on 1983 Scirocco
 GT models, 1984 convertibles, Sciroccos, and Jetta GLI models....

 Would anyone mind swapping me out the Oil cooler that I have for one that
would work on an '82 Scirocco ????