Re: Oil Cooler in 1.7L Engine....

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 19:06:16 -0700 (PDT) Etop Udoh <eudoh@crl.com>
writes:
>  I took my oil cooler to a local mechanic to get it installed and was
>
>told that it couldn't be installed on a Scirocco with 1.7L engine (at
least
>the oil cooler that I have) but only on a 1.8L engine.
> So, in order to use it, I need a new engine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> '82 Scirocco, 1.7L,......

OK, i'll go out on a limb and say, BULLSHIT!!!!!! (Id prefer to say
bull-fu**ing-shit, butt hat wouldn't be nice. So I wont.)
Again, refresh my memory as to what type of oil cooler you have again?
(Please?)

I don't know of anything that would keep you from installing it on your
car. The difference from the 1.7L and 1.8L engines is internal!!! Nothing
on the outside of the engine will keep them from installing the cooler,
period! What a crock... What's this guys PH number, I wanna call him up
and quiz the genius....

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and