Re: suspension gurus II

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:56:37 +0300 Arno Pae <arno@ddbn.ee> writes:
>Hi,

>When I find a pothole (very easy over here!!!), the front totally falls
>through,

What does this mean, "falls through"?

>I had a crack in my damn body of the car.

Has this been fixed and also, was it only the body or is it also the
chassis too?

> On the highway I keep
>getting wheelrub (back) and constantly hit my head agains the roof.

OK. What does the wheel rub against? Which wheel?
You hit your head on the roof when? Im assuming when you hit the pothole?
Well, probably everybody does except for those few Hummer drivers.

>I don't
>know what shocks the previous owner put in, anyway he did it 6 month
ago.
>My mechanic once took one off the car, said it was perfect. All the
>wiseguys (tire service guys, engine diagnostics, etc, etc) keep telling
me
>I have dead shocks.

Did you do the bounce test??  Stand in front of the car, take your foot
and kick in the windshield... oops, sorry, I accessed the wrong file
there for a second....  ok, step on the front bumper a couple times. Make
the car bounce. Then get off the car. (don't scratch the paint or else!)
Does the car take more than one or 2 oscillations before it stops
bouncing. (does it go, boingy-boingy?)
Then do the same to the rear. If you compress the suspension a few times
it should rebound on the first bounce and stop. if it keeps bouncing,
like the springs are having a field day with it, then you got dead
shocks.
I hope this helps and don't forget to answer my questions for me.

>I don't know what to think. Anybody? Shawn? (special thanks to you for
>all the advice!)
>
>Arno

What did I do recently? I got 2 "thanks you's" in one day! Thats OK,
yesterday I got 2 F-U's! Im a special guy!     : )

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and