Re: Haynes should stick to underwear

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 00:31:29 +0000 "Mawster Chadwick"
<chadwick@mail.cadvision.com> writes:
>ARRGH
>
>I could do better blindfolded and thumb-cuffed than fully
>unrestricted, using the Haynes POS manual.  Basically, the whole
>book tells you to "Take part off automobile.  Clean mounting area.
>Put new part on automobile."  With 1 picture for each whole process,
>How the H*ll am I supposed to find my !@#%^  cranked reverse light
>switch when I'm looking at a 1974 rabbit picture??  I'm going to go
>and buy a Bentley manual, and bury the Evil Filthy Haynes in the back
>yard.
>
>Deep breaths Deep breaths.....
>
>It's okay for doing maintenance though, and does have some good
>features.  I just wish it were a little more comprehensive.  I
>couldn't even find the necessary spark gap for an 85 8v 'roc. (my
>engine sticker came off)  I hope it's 0.7 mm, because that's what the
>bosch platinums came set at.

My Chilton says to set it to .024 - .032  :)

>Help if you can.  I just need a hint where to look for the reverse
>light switch, and the proper spark gap for my car...

Your reverse light switch is located almost right under your tranny mount
on the top of the tranny. Look for a set of wires running to a plug on
the top of the tranny under the said mount. Its also right next to your
spedo cable.
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and