Re: Help me suspension gurus!

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 21:07:42 -0700 Riley McDowall <mcm@intergate.bc.ca>
writes:

>ride, but would you say the Konis are even a little bit disagreeable
over
>some roads?

So far with my setup (again, I have Neuspeed Race Springs/Konis) I have
never had an bad experience with the shocks at full soft on streets. A
few times when my son set them at full firm and he knew I was going on a
100+ mile trip and he knows I never stop til I get there, sure, a bit
uncomfortable. I use a full turn on the fronts because I like the
dampening effect on I-8 which had a dolphin section of road.
Boingy-boingy-boingy. Every car I have ever driven in on that section of
the road has the same feeling. I thought it would be worse with my setup.
Not so, to my suprise. I didn't even want the Konis to begin with, the
Potterman kinda made me get them. Im glad I have them now!

>And is it worth it having the adjustability, ie how often do
>you crank up the stiffness, and how high do you go?
>
>Thanks for the help!

For somebody like me who autoxes as often as I can (afford to) and also
does some hearty driving on some vacant streets, I adjust them as my
driving requires them to be adjusted. I have 2 basic settings I use and I
adjust from there, depending on the course and how the car feels. I try
and fine tune the car to handle at its peak so I can get me Another one
of them trophies! (HEY! ya gotta have SOMETHING to show for all the dough
spent on the car, right!)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and