Re: improving the grounds

On Fri, 19 Apr 1997 00:22:03 -0700 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>Hey all, I know that this has been addressed before, but I want to be
>annoying and ask one more time.  I'd like to re-do the grounds (-) on my
>Rocco.  How should I go about this task?  Is the starter generally
>considered to be a good unit to re-ground?  If so, where does this
>connect to?  I went out and bought a couple feet of heavy duty car audio
>ground wire for this task, but I'm not sure which spots need work.
>ciao
>
>jason
>87 16V

Uh, no. The starter is the (+). You should replace both the + and the -
wires at the same time. I think that you can get a set of made sires at
your local parts store. Might be cheaper and perform just as good as any
custom battery cables. Just copy what you see under the hood. Measure the
lengths of each wire and get a replacement just as long, if not a little
longer.

The ground for the battery connects to many places. The main ground is to
the chassis of the car under the tranny mount. There are also a zillion
smaller grounding wires that goto the terminal. Check it!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and