improving the grounds

Hey all, I know that this has been addressed before, but I want to be
annoying and ask one more time.  I'd like to re-do the grounds (-) on my
Rocco.  How should I go about this task?  Is the starter generally
considered to be a good unit to re-ground?  If so, where does this
connect to?  I went out and bought a couple feet of heavy duty car audio
ground wire for this task, but I'm not sure which spots need work.  ciao

jason
87 16V