Re: Man, I love these things.

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Sean Rabey wrote:

> >	105 quid for two lights??  Holy shit, that's robbery!  That's about
> >$210 US and almost $300 CAN!  Please tell me that you bought both sets
> >for a total of £105.  If not, the only thing you got kicking around is a
> >pile of frickin money!!
> >
> >jason
> >87 16V
>
>         How much are these things going for over here?  Before I went over I
> had no idea how much they were going for(i had not found the allmighty list
> yet) And the only price i had heard was $180 US for a used pair.  Did i get
> ripped or are you just saying they are not worth it at the price they are
> going for(it was the best price in all of England, i guarentee i)?  I am
> also in the process of getting the tax back(i hope) which is a whopping
> 17.5%.  If i get it refunded the price will drop significantly.

I dug out my Autobahn Designs (ABD) catalog with a price list "effective
as of 2/1/97."   They list the clear turnsignals at $219.95.  At 105
pounds and an exchange rate of around 1.7, that would make them $178.50.

ACcording to those numbers, it doesn't sound like a bad deal!

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

Member & Webmaster -- Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm