Re: Hello, my name is Wojciech.

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:22:24 -0600 Wojciech Galecki <galecki@umr.edu>
writes:
>I'm new to the maling list. I've been subscribed to list for a few
>weeks now and thought that it was time to stop lurking around and
>introduce myself. I'm Wojceich Galecki.

Welcome to the list! What parts of the world do you live in? Interesting
name you have there. Id love to know how to say your name but I would
probably need to hear it to get it right. :)

>	Well, enough about me. Here's a short history of my Scirocco
>ownership. I've only owned one of these beauties. I got it last summer
as
>my first car at the age of 16. It needed some work, but to make a long
>story short, it looks a lot better now. I recently dropped my
"tarantulas"
>and put 14" GTIs on it. Looks  really sharp! oh yeah, my rocco is a
black
>'84 8v with over 140k miles.

What are your future mods that you have in mind for your Roc? 140k? Just
getting broken in! :)

>	I also have pretty easy mod to share. Someone might have already
>come up with this one- if they did, I didn't know about it. When putting
in
>"new" tail light lenses to replace my cracked ones, I noticed that there
is
>one position on the lenses that is unused and covered with plastic that
has
>the word "USA" written on it. My dad and I drilled the plastic out, put
>bulbs in the matching bulb holders and now my rear parking lights have
>about twice the "lit surface area" as they did before.

Yeah, that would be the euro fog light locations you've discovered there.
I have low wattage bulbs in mine so they glow as bright as my other
lights. Otherwise everybody would think I was riding my brake lights all
the time. I definitely want them to know when im braking! Id agree that
the lighting all around really does suck on most all VW's. I dunno why
but they do.

>Another proud Scirocco owner to join the mailing list,

Glad to have you here!

>Wojciech Galecki
>'84 8v now featuring GTI wheels!
>galecki@umr.edu

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and