Re: ITS BACK!!

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 21:45:00 Paul Hanley <duckie@bellatlantic.net>
writes:

>No way! I just did the CV boots on my passenger side and a friend used
his
>impact wrench set for something like 5 bazillion pounds and it worked
>beautifully. I don't believe you could possibly damage that thread.
>
>Regards,
>Paul Hanley

I think that's one nut that you simply cant overtorque. Even the guys at
the tire stores cant overtorque them nuts even their manly powered air
guns!

In Greg Ravens VW Performance Handbook, he shows examples of racers
getting he longest cheater bar they can find and having a couple guys
stand on the thing to torque the nuts!
Just thought you might find that interesting...

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and