water pump(? I think)+ belt

hate to ask a stupid question, but as to the fact that I don't have a
bently's, I will.  (Haynes Sucks the big fucking banana)

Okay, every logical nut has been loosen, but I can't seem to lower the
water pump to get the belt onto the wheel.  The track on which it should
drop seems fine, and I cant get a wrench in to the hex head bolts in the
back to loosen both, but how do I do it?

--
dharma

85 scirocco 8v
83 scirocco 8v (parting out)