Re: First gen wheels (Turbine wheels)

> >OK..here's the scoop.....there's 24 spokes on my wheels....Jeff
> >Wheeler says they maybe be called turbines?  That may be correct, it
> >certainly would fit the look.  Damn Wolfsburgs, they put any old
> >wheel they have laying around to get rid of them eh?  Actually I
> >like the way these wheels look on my rocco, that's why I want to buy
> >more :)  I'm posting this to the list so if anyone has any of these
> >wheels or knows of any they can let me know.
>
> I know of these wheels. VWCRAZYTIM has these on his Scirocco. I happen to
> have a picture of his car in the Smokey mtns! I'll send it to you and
> tell me if these are them.
> I recall these comming on Audi's. In fact, my Greg Raven book has a
> racing Scirocco on the back coverwiththese wheels. I origionally wanted
> these wheels but never got around to finding a decent set. I see a few of
> these in the junkyard but never think to buy one at a time and collect
> them. I like these! Ronal made a copycat (R-8? if I recall correctly) of
> this wheel.

These are the ones!!!!!  They look kinda dorkie from far away like in
the pic of Tim's car, or maybe they just look better on my black
rocco.  In any event, does anyone have a pair they are looking to
sell?  Even if you only have one, I'll consider buying it and then
finding another. In fact, 2 of mine are pretty corroded so if you
have a set of 4 I might go for them.

 Maybe I ought to look for someone who carries Ronal and see if they
still make the knockoffs?

Thanks Shawn, I had seen the pics of Tim's car before and thought
they looked a lot like my wheels.  Now to find some.

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg