Re: First gen wheels

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997 19:32:21 +0800 "Rick Lackner" <hugacub@whidbey.net>
writes:
>> From:          kmpotter@ix.netcom.com (Kristen A Potter)
>> Subject:       First gen wheels. <IMAGE>
>
>> I sent you part of the first image and canceled it. Its just too damn
>> big so I cropped it so it wont take so long to send/recieve.
>
>Heh, I pay a flat monthly fee, I don't care how big it is :)

I know but its annoying when it takes forever to send when im in a hurry
to do other things. I cropped it to where it was half the size. Half the
size, half the time!

>Kinky :)
>These aren't my wheels :(

Good, I think they are FUGLY!

>OK..here's the scoop.....there's 24 spokes on my wheels....Jeff
>Wheeler says they maybe be called turbines?  That may be correct, it
>certainly would fit the look.  Damn Wolfsburgs, they put any old
>wheel they have laying around to get rid of them eh?  Actually I
>like the way these wheels look on my rocco, that's why I want to buy
>more :)  I'm posting this to the list so if anyone has any of these
>wheels or knows of any they can let me know.

I know of these wheels. VWCRAZYTIM has these on his Scirocco. I happen to
have a picture of his car in the Smokey mtns! I'll send it to you and
tell me if these are them.
I recall these comming on Audi's. In fact, my Greg Raven book has a
racing Scirocco on the back coverwiththese wheels. I origionally wanted
these wheels but never got around to finding a decent set. I see a few of
these in the junkyard but never think to buy one at a time and collect
them. I like these! Ronal made a copycat (R-8? if I recall correctly) of
this wheel.

>> Dont reply to this message as i have borrowed Mikes acount to send
>the
>> image. Cant send images thru Juno.  :)
>
>Don't EVER tell me what to reply to and what not to reply to!!!
>The nerve of some guys......  :)
>Thanks for going to the trouble of going to Mike's and sending the
>pic to me.

Dont thank me, thank Mike and his lovely assistant...uh, I mean WIFE
Kristen!! (she s the boss really!)   :-P
(this ought to get me a phone call...)

>You're a real sweetheart :)  *kiss*   YUKKKKKK !!!!!!!
>When's the last time you shaved?
>hahahahahahahaha

I hear that all the time....... you'd be surprised!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and