Re: Spare tire poll

	I live in a "town" of several million with a lot of dicey areas so
yes I carry the standard spare although one of the major car mags ran a
group of cars (including a Vette, I think) on space saver spares and did a
bunch of performance measurements on them and they did surprisingly well.
The warning to not exceed 50mph or whatever seems very conservative or
liability driven so switching to a SSS might be a good move to decrease
weight.
	Are the fix-a-flats an acceptable thing to use or will they ruin
the tire?  I've heard that they can cause the tire to go out of balance.
Is one brand better than another?  Will they fix slow leaks?  I guess the
Lamborghini Diablo's come with a can instead of a spare but if you can
afford the car, you can afford to replace a very expensive P-Zero.
	benton------