Re: MY Car's Mods and a few problems......

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 20:33:47 -0500 (CDT) SgtPeper <sgtpeper@eagle.ais.net>
writes:
>When you sau sending unit which do you mean?

I mean the water temp sending unit.

>Also the i don't remember if i said this before but also my oil temp
>reads 120 only in city driving though......
>Also I would info on oil coolers as i have been told they correct hot
>running sciroccos!!

Yeah, if you have been racing it! Your engine should not overheat when
using it for basic commutering. The fact the oil temp is high is probably
because the water temp is high.

Note* 120C is still well within the limits.

Tell me something Jeff. Has it been hot there lately? What im getting at
is do you think the heat can be directly linked to being the reason why
your car is running hot? I ask because if it is, then don't worry about
it.

Both my Scirocco and my GLi never see water temps over 190F under normal
to moderate driving no matter what the air temp is. (And its been in the
100's here in San Diego for the last few weeks.) and my oil temp in my
Scirocco never gets over 200F. (With a New Dimensions oil cooler. Thanks
Tim!) The oil temp in my GLi with the factory oil/water heat exchanger
runs 220F all the time. (YES! That is definitely with the A/C running
too!) So if your is running hot, then there is something wrong with the
cooling system, somewhere. Finding it can be difficult.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and