Re: Exhaust, water pump, MSN...

At 01:13 AM 9/9/97 UT, Jeff Wheeler wrote:
>1.  Can one guy with two jackstands and an average set of tools install a
>cat-back setup like those sold by Techtonics or Autotech?

One guy with an acetylene torch might help if the one being replaced is
very old. In addition, you may have to heat the pipe if it doesn't fit
perfectly.

>2.   Anything Mr. Bentley forgot to mention about replacing a water pump
on an
>'82??
Don't have the book, if you have the Yorx style compressor, you will have
to go the timing belt route I think. Spray some serious Liquid Wrench on
those water pump bolts before you rip 'em off. Don't forget the 5mm allen
for the lower timing cover. 2 hours if no bolts break, bank on three. They
never have on me.

Good luck!
Paul Hanley