Re: screw me and screw discount tire.

At 7:23 PM +0000 9/8/97, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>Thos !@$$!!^$% morons should have told me that something looked
>wrong..it'l my stupidity and their fault.
>
>I went to get 2 new front tires..decided to save a few bucks and not
>go with the 195/55-14 and go back to stock 185/65-14....they sure
>filled up the wheel wells nice and full with rubber..

The 185/_60_ - 14 is the stock size.  65 is too big.

but by the time
>i got home 3 blocks away i had complete shredded both tires because I
>am running koni adjust (yellow sport) all around.

This has nothing to do with the shocks, unless the rear spring perches were
set too low.  A shock in and of itself does not lower the car, a gas
pressurized shock can raise the car ~1/2".

 I shoudl have
>know..but hell, I'm no tire expert and I went back and bicthed them
>out for selling me a tire that obviously wan't going to work on my
>car.///back to Dunlop's....sigh

They should have known the 185/65-14 was too big.  The 65 series is almost
1cm larger than the 185/60, 1.3cm larger than the 195/55-14.  What springs
are you using?  Are they cut?  Too bad, some tire shops are better than
others.

Mannix(glad we have a knowledgable shop in Boulder)