Re: Q: Engine mount.

At 04:25 PM 9/8/97 -0400, Lev  Pelekh wrote:
>Hey everyone. Sorry if this's been discussed. I think the engine mount is
>bad on my '87 16v (bad clicking noise when fast off the spot or under hard
>breaking). My Repair Manual doesn't mention engine mounts at all.
>Before I take it to a mechanic I decided to consult you guys. How hard
>/expensive is it to replace? What's a fair price to pay for work and parts
>if it's not a minor job? Thanx a mill for your help.

Clicking noise or clunking noise? Clicking is probably not a mount,
clunking is. If it occurs off a start, then I would say front mount. If so,
do it yourself. Two starter bolts and voila'. I highly doubt it is any of
the other ones. The only one that I know of that requires a press is the
pass. side. That one is a certified bitch! All others can be done by you.

>Like my signature?

FYI, I use Eudora Light and did not see your signature nor an attachment
for it.

Regards,
Paul Hanley