Re: Re>VW Power

Kathy Teulie wrote:

> This is a copy of my E-Mail to EC
>
> Dear EC
>
> We at the Scirocco internet list need a good publication to revew.
> In the old days VW & P was a great referance and was full of great
> info and ideas on VW A1's, A2's and news of the new A3's. I kept all my
> issues.
> There is a corodo list, and an Audi GT list and a water colled list.  We
> would
> like a VW only mag that we can review and use as a referance. There are
> about 100 Scirocco members on the Internet list and we exchange information
> each day.

Here is a copy of a letter I sent to EC.

Dear EC,

I love your magazine and think it has evolved into a first rate leader
in automotive publishing, and I don't plan to cancel my subscription by
any means. Way to go guys! However, I am deeply disappointed with the
apathy I have perceived in your handling of the "Project Scirocco"
articles. They have been base and simplistic.  The first one consisted
of "We got one...painted it".  The next article can be summed up as "We
got these cool wires & plugs for about $200...seem to work, we
think...dyno?  The articles have yet to deal with enthusiast issues
like: "How do I unstick my rear brake calipers?" or "Can I put a chip in
this car?" or "what ARE the dyno figures of Nology wires vs. a brand new
set of OEM wires with new plugs, cap and rotor?".  That's what readers
like me are interested in.   First, you guys apologized for never doing
a project Scirocco...great.  Apology accepted.  But what you HAVE
followed it with isn't yet cause for excitement. You've done so much
in-depth stuff on that dang 914 and 2002 (and most of your other
projects as well), anyone with enough time to read your stuff could
resurrect one from a rust pile (that's a compliment).  Let's give the
Scirocco (one of the best performing cars around) a real enthusiast's
treatment, not the cubic dollars treatment.

Jim Buck
1987 Scirocco 16v