Re: Brake Problems

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:12:02 -0400 "Gies, John" <JGies@skandia.com>
writes:
>i have the same problem.  only i had a small brake shop do my brakes,
>and when they did, they replaced the front pads & rotors.  the "pedal
>to the floor" syndrome was pretty bad, and somewhat haphazard.
>
>when i took it to the dealer, they bled the lines & changed the fluid,
>and the problem was still there.
>they said that the replacement rotors had been machined badly, and due
>to the uneven surface, the pads weren't gripping properly.

Im gonna take that as the rotors were manufactured poorly, right? You
dont machine new rotors. (Give them a good cleaning is abouty all.)

>they suggested re-machining the new (aftermarket, it think) rotors.
>i'm thinking about just putting new OEM rotors and pads in the front.
>suggestions?

Id take the so called "NEW rotors" back where you bought them and DEMAND
they replace them with functional rotors. You obviously didnt get what
you paid for, so go get your moneys worth, or a refund.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and