Re: back tyre/diff kit

**********************************
*From: edix@eve.assumption.edu (Ed Dix)
*Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:40:05 -0500
*Subject: very little technical content, some discussion
*
*Since I don't race my Scirocco, I'm not sure my inside rear wheel has ever
*been off the ground while cornering.  But I'm not sure.  When it comes
*down, is it a thunk, or (as I imagine it) does it just settle in?  I've had
*Rabbits before, I can't imagine that I've never done this.  You folks who
*race, could you fill this neophyte in?
*

I've had the back inside wheel off in a Jetta, Rabbit, and Scirocco.    the
softer the car, the more you feel it.   The Jetta and the Rabbit (pre
aftermarket
sway bar)  it felt like I'd run over a sidewalk.  I was told in the rabbit I
was nearly clearing the cones in a slolom when I autocrossed.  Now the Rabbit
has big-ass swaybar in front, bigger ass sway bar in rear, and a second mongo
custom bar in the rear, very smooth transistion on the corners now.
I still feel it though.  If  you don't feel it, it's probably not happening.
Keep your corners smooth so you don't break the front end loose.
HOWEVER, coming off TWO wheels is a real thunk!!!!!!!!!!!