Re: Cylinder Head and Supertrap

I wrote....

 only
>>downside to the Fmaster is weight, about 15 pounds more than the
>competition.
>>Darrell Adams has one, he seems to like it.  Mine is 2-3 years old
>>now, still in great shape.  TTYS!
>>
>>Mannix
>

>15lbs?? Um. No. I cant believe they weigh that much. Id guess maybe 3
>pounds is pushing it. (Maybe im just talking about my Ultra flow
>muffler.)

Yup.  The Flowmasters weigh 25-30 pounds.  Anti-Flowmaster types claim 40,
but they're exaggerating.  They are heavy.  Really heavy.  Go to a speed
shop and pick one up - you'll be surprised!  Ultraflows are light, but I'd
still guess 8-10 on those.  I was shocked.  I bought one based on flow
reputation, which they are good (but Ultraflows can be equal/better, now
they tell me), but it was not until after I had it on the car that someone
said "great mufflers, but heavy."  Oh really.  Went to the drag shop,
picked one up.  Oh my.  I'm not too concerned about the weight, but when it
rots out/I need to replace it, I'll probably look at other options with
weight in mind.  FWIW!

Mannix(or, call a Flowmaster dealing mail order place, ask how much to ship
one, ask for weight, that'll give you a good idea.....)