Re: Introducing..../wheel question.

>       Has anyone gone with this setup, or a wheel of the same dimensions, 17
> x 8?  What type of modifications do i need to make to the wheel wells to get
> these suckers to fit in there.  I will be going with Yoko, A520, 205/40/17.
> Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

     I run 17x7.5 with 35mm offset and 205/40/17 Yokohama A510's.  I am
not sure as to how much difference there is between an MK-2 which you have
and my MK-1 in regards to fenders.  I can tell you that I had gone to 8"
wheel I would probably rub like crazy.  I dont have any problems in the
front cuz the stiffness but the rear is a different story.  I rub on the
spring a bit but any smaller offset and I would seriously carve the tire.
I shaved the rear fender lip of both quarterpanels but unfortunately I
didnt shave the front of them.  I suggest shaving the entire rear fender
lip to avoid rubbing on that.  If you run extremely stiff in the rear
which is unlikely, you may be able to get away without rubbing on an 8"
rim.  I tend to run pretty soft so my rear wheels goes up inside the
quarterpanel when I hit larger bumps or run with 2 or 3 people in the car.

     Another matter is that a 205 tire would be pretty stretched over an
8" rim.  Preferable size is 7" but not to many people make the 17x7, er at
least ones that I would consider buying  =)  If you used an 8" rim I would
probably run 215 but that will probably invite more rubbing.  If you have
aftermarket coilovers in the back and they are smaller in diameter than
stock, you can probably get a larger offset for the rear, but that would
make getting unidirectional tires a little more costly.  I have a few
pictures of my wheel/tire combo if you are interested in seeing the tire
on a 7.5" rim.  I take it you meant Yoko A510?  Or is there an A520?

    Andre'