Re: Cylinder Head and Supertrap

> Ok Does anyone know whats the torque for 16v Head to block. . ?    I got a
> small leak and I think it just needs to be retorqued . . . Theres only 130 tp
> 140 miles on the new engine so I don't think it's the seal. . . Anyway I Just
> replaced my muffler cause it rusted and I dont like the sound and it feels a
> bit more restrictive. . . So I was thinking about adding a Supertrap to the
> end of my techtonics piping. . . Does anyone know how this sounds or have any
> experience with the set up. . .

  I had a Supertrapp,2.5" exhaust(no cat),dual outlet manifold and techtonics
downpipe on my 8V. The setup definitely made more power. I liked the
sound, but many people found it somewhat annoying. With a large exhaust, any
decent performance muffler should work well. The sounds I've heard that I
really like are Borlas. I seem to recall someone either here or in the
newsgroup using a Porsche 944 muffler, which also sounds pretty cool, and
you may be able to find one reasonably. The nice thing about the Borlas and
some others, is that they have a much quieter 'burble' at idle and when not
really getting on it, while the Supertrapp is always loud.

Brad