RE: FUBA help

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Gies, John wrote:

> i did it, but ripped the headliner below where the bolt attaches the
> antenna to the roof.  oh well...

This is my main concern, too. I have an 8V, so I have to drill a hole. I
have experimented on taking the headliner out from the back of some
Sciroccos at junkyards. It seems that there is some padding substance
that runs along the rear side of the roof. Then it seems like the
headliner is stitched to something on the roof, and you have to basically
rip it down. I am quite wary to start this job. While it is quite easy to
pop the side rear windows and take the headliner off from there, it is
not so easy to do so from the rear.

I would really appreciate it if somebody who has performed this
successfully could give us some tips.

Ilias