RE: FUBA help

i did it, but ripped the headliner below where the bolt attaches the
antenna to the roof.  oh well...

p.s. the fuba replacement i got did not have enough lead to follow the
path of the  original antenna wire.  the original wire travels from the
roof down the passenger side rear column/pillar, above the rear wheel
well, along the foot of the rear seat, and routes between the two front
seats up to the console.

i had to diagonally cross the passenger seating area (cutting the
corner) in order for the wire to have enough length to reach the radio.

one more tip:  when removing your original wire, attach some nylon rope
to the end that attaches to the radio.  then proceed to pull the antenna
wire out as if you were pulling the housing off the top of the car.
that way, as you take the wire out, you thread the nylon rope/string
through the original route.  now when you go to put the new line in, the
string will help you pull it through some very tough spots.

hope this helps.  good luck, it's not bad, but you need to plan it out.