Re: No more annoying things

On Tue, 02 Sep 1997 10:32:44 +0300 Arno Pae <arno@ddbn.ee> writes:
>Hi,
>
>thanks all folks,
>got me a new switch, 30$ (F.) and changed it. Luckily I didn't rush
>into opening the dash. There's a tiny cover around the speedo, it takes
>sec to screw it open. YES, the VW engineers are SMART!

30$ (F.)?? As in Franks?? Heh!!

>Now Shawn - thanks for telling me my car is OK. I guess the smart VW
>engineers don't like to corner that hard (or not at all?).

Sure thing. It seems that VW discovered this problem and changed the the
later system.

>I didn't quite understand what you said about the spare tire and Mike?

Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was that Mike Potter has told me
that in order to use the later fuel system (with the transfer pump) that
the engineers had changed the spare tire well to the thinner (doughnut
spare) spare tire well and because of this, they used that space to mount
the newer style fuel pump (Which has a little reservoir for the transfer
pump to store up some fuel to get you through those long right handers).
Basically I was saying that if you have the older deep spare tire well
(inside the car) that you might not be able to use the transfer pump
system.
I hope this was clearer?

>And what it takes to modify the fuel system (if this topic
>has been discussed, please tell me to find it, politely)
>
>Arno

Im not sure this topic has been gone through before on this list. I've
touched on the info briefly in the past for my own info and in the
future, if its at all possible, I would like to make this upgrade. Or at
least I think it would be an upgrade, to this later fuel system.
HTH!

	Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and