Re: Almost crashed!

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997 20:19:50 -0700 (PDT) Brad Sheridan
<brads@mindspring.com> writes:
>Jim wrote:

>  If it is set up for more towing torque, I doubt its set up the way a
>drag racer would want. The more torque would most likely occur on the
low RPM
>range, at the expense of torque up top. Drag racing is done in the upper
RPM
>ranges b/c that's where the most HP is developed. Cutting this hp down
in
>favor of low end torque is bad, since you wouldn't use this low end
torque.
>Feel free to put in your 2 cents Shawn, since you've actually done some
real
>drag racing.
>
>Brad

that's right! <Sniff> (Pulling up my belt) I've done some real drag
racing in my day! (Ahhhh!) But, I haven't the foggiest what your talking
about.

Just kidding.
It all depends on what they are trying to do with the runners. Typically,
looooong runners make more torque. (and actually more ponie power as
well) It sounded like they were using shorter runners on that VR6. That
would make less torque. Maybe they were using the shorter runner because
its the only thing that would fit?? Maybe.
There is a Variable runner intake manifold that somebody makes for the
VR6 and its big bucks. It develops power all over, not just top end.
Impressive!
If I was drag racing a VR6 and I wanted to win, that intake manifold
would be in my inventory.
(I wish I was drag racing a VR6. Hell, I wish I was drag racing!)

Poorboy Racing Team, Sponsors wanted! (Im talking BIG money here.... I
don't need no free oil. Unless its free... :)-

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and