Re: Almost crashed!

Shawn wrote:

> that's right! <Sniff> (Pulling up my belt) I've done some real drag
> racing in my day! (Ahhhh!) But, I haven't the foggiest what your talking
> about.

  Of course you wouldn't. You were the driver. They never have a clue about
anything technical;)

> It all depends on what they are trying to do with the runners. Typically,
> looooong runners make more torque. (and actually more ponie power as
> well) It sounded like they were using shorter runners on that VR6. That
> would make less torque. Maybe they were using the shorter runner because
> its the only thing that would fit?? Maybe.

  I assumed(big mistake) it would be either longer runners, thinner runners,
or maybe a smaller plenum. All would lead to increased low end torque, which
is usually what you aim for if its a large vehicle designed to carry heavy
loads or tow stuff.

> There is a Variable runner intake manifold that somebody makes for the
> VR6 and its big bucks. It develops power all over, not just top end.
> Impressive!
> If I was drag racing a VR6 and I wanted to win, that intake manifold
> would be in my inventory.
> (I wish I was drag racing a VR6. Hell, I wish I was drag racing!)

  VW Motorsports used to make one, now Shrick makes one, but these weren't
designed around drag racing. I'd go with a custom designed non variable
manifold over these if the sole purpose is drag racing. You want to develop
major peak HP in drag racing, right? and while the powerband should be kinda
wide, its not nearly as wide as what these variable geometry ones account
for. The EIP manifold may be closer to what you'd want...

> Poorboy Racing Team, Sponsors wanted! (Im talking BIG money here.... I
> don't need no free oil. Unless its free... :)-

  I've got some slightly used Mobil 1 to donate to the cause :)

Brad