Re: Time for new brake rotors :)

On Mon, 01 Sep 1997 22:38:47 -0400 Etrik Patricella
<etrik@pure-research.net> writes:
>Well seein as my rotors are groved and still original,  I am gonna
>upgrade them next.  I already have the SS lines and all that good
>stuff.  What I need to know is which rotors give the best
>brake for your buck?  I was thinking of getting ATE Atom Grove
>rotors, anybody have any exp with these?
>
>Etrik
>http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik/

Nope, sorry I don't have any experience with these but, since you asked
for the best rotor for the buck, id say go with the stock vented rotors.
Since your getting new rotors, you will need new  brake pads too! Get
yourself a set of Ferodo brake pads (PN 3466) and change the brake fluid
to Castrol GTLMA and I promise you will have next to Zero brake fade! The
rotors are wider you say? that's right and these brake pads are thinner
to fit these rotors perfectly without changing the calipers! Ive got some
awesome brakes for the money. (Without going to a slotted or larger
rotor.)
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and