Re: Help!

>      I am in need of your advice and help if at all possible.  I need a flex
> pipe that goes between the cat and the manifiold.  The VW dealer wants 829.00
> bucks for the dang thing, and there has to be another way.  This is for a
> friend of mine who has a 88 Rocco 16v 1.8.  If there is anyway that any of
> you have or can find that part for a reasonable price than please let me
> know.  All of you were the first people I thought about when I heard of his
> problem.  I would hate to see another Rocco go to an early grave simply
> because of an exhaust pipe.  All responses are greatly appriciated.

	For awhile now, I have relied on a bit of a hack job to accomodate my
failed exhaust system.  The schmuck that had the car before me had a
header, busted flex joint, and straight pipe to the resonator instead of
the mani/dp/cat/flex joint/etc.  Anyways, you may recall me saying that
my car had only three mounts when I got it instead of 4, so when the 4th
mount was installed, the pipe just back from the flex joint was smashing
itself rather violently against the floor of my car.  To remedy this
problem, a mechanic purchased a $30 stainless steel flex-pipe and welded
it in place of the flex joint.  It is still the best-looking part of my
entire exhaust system.  If I recall correctly, it's about 1.5->2' long,
and connects basically where the header just begins to straighten out
all the way past where the cat should be....of course, now that I think
about it, the stock downpipe has two pipes that bend as opposed to 1.
Well, I hope that might help in some way...

jason
the mad bastard