Wingin'

Remember me bitching about VW not having a replacement wing for my '82
Scirocco? I had called the local dealer and they said that the wing was
no longer available. (I have since located a source for a good used one).

That was a least a month ago. And it pissed me off.

So I filled out a from on the German VW website asking for advice.

So, moments ago I received a phone call - from VW in Germany!

The woman that called me said that the parts ARE still available, and
that ANY VW dealer in the world should be able to order it.  She gave me
the part number for two wings (apparently, the GTX version in europe had
a different wing) - the GTX and the non GTX. She gave a number where I
could call if VWOA gives me any trouble.

Non GTX: 533 827 933
GTX only: 533 827 933A

I am impressed that VW called me!

Now I'm wondering what the difference between the GTX and non GTX version
is (1982) - any of our German friends have any input on this? (I'll be
checking the part # on mine soon!)