Re: Wheels

I for one am not worried about the bending of the rim as much as rubbing in
my wheel well.

At 08:26 PM 10/26/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> >    Well if I get a friend of mine *Bradley* over here with his 16V I can
>> >throw on my 17x7.5 with 35mm offset on and we can see where it might hit.
>> >I will see if he is up to it sometime.
>> >
>> > Andre'
>
>>         That'd be great, but he might not let you take them off ;>
>
>  Are the people who want 17" rims worried about bending rims? I've bent 15"
>rims, and even 14" rims on potholes. If I were to get more rims, I MIGHT go
>to 15x7, as it did give it a nice look, and I could tell a pretty big perf.
>difference between 15" rims and 13" rims. But I would not consider anything
>larger, as bending a rim seems all to easy even on a 15" rim. On a larger
rim,
>with a bit shorter sidewall, it would seem that bending a rim would be
>a regular occurence. For the people with these big rims, are your roads
>super smooth, or do you just drive extremely slowly to keep from bending the
>rims? Have any of you bent rims?
>
>Brad
>
>--

Mike Weiler
1984 rocco 8v 16v kit installed 131k (need major interior parts).
Please e-mail me with any parts you may have extra and pricing.
lerb@usa.net
lerb@mindless.com
lerb@softhome.net
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the
proper order then why can't he?
          _______