Re: Wheels

What kinda suspension you have?

At 11:31 PM 10/26/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>> Will a 17X7.5 fit under a MK2 without mods?
>>> with 205/40/17 wheels
>>
>>    Well if I get a friend of mine *Bradley* over here with his 16V I can
>>throw on my 17x7.5 with 35mm offset on and we can see where it might hit.
>>I will see if he is up to it sometime.
>>
>> Andre'
>
>Let me save you the trouble.  I bolted a friend's 17x7 Fitti Exclusive
>w/Conti CZ91 (?) 205/40 to my left rear corner and it wanst' pretty.  It
>looked great, sort of DTM-ish, but I could tell wheel/fender interactions
>would be a nightmare.  Major clearancing would be required at the front and
>back of the wheelwell, and suspension travel upwards would have to be
>limited; either that or convert to coilovers and increase neg. camber a few
>degrees.  Want people in the back seat?  Forget about it....
>
>Tons of people have put 17s on Mk IIs, so it can be done, but it will
>require taking the plastic liner out of the well and cutting down the
>fender lip (sacrificing strength).....and if you still get interference,
>the exposed metal could cut the shit out of your nice new 17" rubber.
>
>   _____ __ __ __ _  _____ __  __ _____ _____  __ __ _  __ _____ __  __
>  / ___// // // /// / ___//  |/ // ___// // / / // /| |/ // ___//  |/ /
> / __/ / // //   / / __/ / /|  // /.-./ _  | / // / |   // __/ / /|  /
>/_/   /____//_/\_\/____//_/ |_//____//_/ |_|/____/  |__//____//_/ |_/
>

>--

Mike Weiler
1984 rocco 8v 16v kit installed 131k (need major interior parts).
Please e-mail me with any parts you may have extra and pricing.
lerb@usa.net
lerb@mindless.com
lerb@softhome.net
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the
proper order then why can't he?
          _______