Re: I just love MIME messages!

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 18:49:43 -0400 "MIKE" <lerb@redrose.net> writes:

>What exhaust systems would everyone say to get? I need to order one
>tonight! heheh I am looking for a loud sound with good performance.

Well, since its not tonight anymore, this might be pointless but i'll go
ahead and tap away.

There's a few ways to go. The system itself really doesn't matter, its
the muffler that makes it loud. For performance you want a mandrel bent
system. (Maybe you can find a local muffler shop to bend you one up for
cheap?) The exhaust systems that I know of that are loud are those that
use the Supertrap muffler, (not cool loud, just buzzy loud) and either
the TT or Autotech systems. They use the Ultra flow and the Dynomax
mufflers. Basically glasspacks. But I think they sound really good and
"sporty" even. Quiet around town, loud at full song. (Would you agree
Paul?? I never did get an opinion from you on that topic.)

Size:
Go with the 2" on 8V's and the 2-1/4" on 16V's. (Unless you got a hi-po
8V or 16V. Then go a little larger.)

Anything else?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and