Seeking Advice....and lots of it!

Ahhemm!!!ÖÖÖFellow Roccans! (Is that cheesy enough?)

Cheers for all the responses! I'll read through all the info and pass back
the conclusions and probably some more questions on the engine as soon as I
can.

To address some of the stuff I can answer easily

I'm in Hong Kong so if you want to know about VW's in China (man there are
zillions of 'em), Rice Cookers and / or Munchers  - I'm your man! They do
some crazy sh*t to their Honda's here!

The car is in Scotland, home of tartan, whisky, and men who wear skirts
(don't be scared!)

The car is completely stock! No idea of the Rated HP but I'll post the
Numbers when I can and maybe you might be able to tell me (I remember reading
some recent list traffic on the rated HP subject so is it best to avoid the
debate again?). The engine is injected and sounds really tired, still goes to
a noisy and shaky 90 - 100 mph when you need it but seems / feels under
powered for the size and weight of the car. Full swaybars front and rear, No
idea on disk size for the brakes, (vented I know and in dire need of
replacement). Original brake calipers on the front end, gas shocks front and
rear, original springs all round.

I have no intention of showing or racing the car just driving what I'd like
to be a pristine example of a Scirocco! Having had it for 6 years I just
couldn't part with her when I left so it's unlikely that I'll get frustrated
when I return - just in debt!

OkÖI'm off to get the reading glasses to study the e-mails.

OhÖIf necessary I can get access to spare parts in the US if I need to get
stuff from there! Company I work for has offices on the East and West Coast
(just for your info)! Unless there is anyone who can suggest a source / s in
the UK.

AnywayÖthanks to all and await questions aplenty!

Cheers

Ian