Re: What NSX????

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:26:31 -0700 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>> Hmm, this car might be a little more upmarket than our Sciroccos and
>it
>> would wipe out an NSX since the NSX is not a very powerful car.
>
>	Sorry?  I dunno.  I think that the top model of the NSX is
>pretty quick.
> But seriously, I think that certain models of the NSX may
>be lacking somewhat, but the top o' the line models are pretty freakin
>quick.
>
>	I heard someone once say that the engines used are basically
>Formula 1
>engines that have been tuned down quite a bit.  Anyone care to comment
>on that?
>
>jason
>87 16V

>From what I have read and been told by a co-worker that owns a NSX,
Acura only makes two versions, a NSX and a NSX-T (which is a targa top
model). I believe that they all use the same engine, which is a high
reving V6 made by Honda, which would be similar to the Formula 1 engine
used by the Honda team.
They are pretty darn fast, but I am sure no competition for the VW W12,
if they ever make it.

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)