Re: '88 16V -- Hello!

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:16:01 -0400 Chris Zamara <CZam@compuserve.com>
writes:
>Hello everyone. I am new to this mailing list

Welcome to the list!! Man, there's been a bunch of new listee's here
lately! Very cool!

>I also have an interesting story. The bleeper that chimes at you to
close
>door/fasten seatbelts/turn off lights, etc. was really annoying me, so I
>pulled it out. Ahh, peace at last (and everything still seems to work).
The
>very next day I left my lights on at work and killed the battery! Oh,
the
>humiliation.

The older Scirocco's have a much more annoying chime relay. When I first
got my Scirocco, that was the very first thing I pulled out! Recently I
came upon a later relay that has the musical chime and since its so loud,
I simply put some electrical tape over the speaker section to quiet it
down. I like to have it on but not so loud. Anyways, I thought id add
that little bit of info.
BTW, having that relay removed doesn't effect anything else on the car,
FWIW.
I make it a habbit (sometimes annoying for me) to look at my front or
rear lights to be sure they are off, whether its night or day.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and