Re: Query of electrical or mechanical faults...

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 13:21:56 +0100 Roland <toker@oden.se> writes:
>With a bad battery, your ignition might not be able to fire.
Especiallly(hard
>to spell word) if you have the old pointers system it is more depending
on
>correct voltage, works better the higher voltage you have. The
electronic
>system funktions to a low voltage where it almost stops working totally
in a
>few secunds. Check your brushes and voltage regulator on the generator
cause
>when the car is running the battery is only sitting there. "Hard" plugs
could
>be the problem to if they are cool. They need to be warm to fire
correctly.

>Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82

A battery's job is to start the car and run a few lights when the car is
off, basically. Ive got a 1.8L US 1982 Scirocco, with electronic ignition
ect. Its very well maintained actually.
My concern is that with a dying battery, my alternator is putting out
from 13.5V to 14V to charge and non fully charging battery and its not
producing enough voltage to run the rest of the car. (IE Fuel pump,
ignition, cooling system ect.)

So, in a nutshell, that's my question.
Thanks for the input.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and