Re: Query of electrical or mechanical faults...

With a bad battery, your ignition might not be able to fire. Especiallly(hard
to spell word) if you have the old pointers system it is more depending on
correct voltage, works better the higher voltage you have. The electronic
system funktions to a low voltage where it almost stops working totally in a
few secunds. Check your brushes and voltage regulator on the generator cause
when the car is running the battery is only sitting there. "Hard" plugs could
be the problem to if they are cool. They need to be warm to fire correctly.

Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82